Ai SolventVap 5.3G/20L Rotary Evaporator w/ Chiller & Pump 220V
The new Ai SolventVap series 20L rotary evaporators is now ETL tested to UL/CSA standards (optional). This certification is required by many municipalities, and it also provides a higher standard of equipment safety and lifespan. Also come standard is the new plexiglass bath cover. Specially designed for Ai 20L SolventVap rotary evaporators, this beneficial cover securely rests on top of the water bath and ensures the best possible temperature uniformity.
A rotary evaporator is a device used in chemical laboratories for the efficient and gentle removal of solvents from samples by evaporation. The process of rotary evaporation is most often used to separate solvents with low boiling points, such a n-hexane or ethyl acetate, from compounds which are solid at room temperature and pressure. However, careful application also allows for the removal of a solvent from a sample containing a liquid compound, if there is minimal co-evaporation (azeotropic behavior) and a sufficient difference in boiling points at the chosen temperature and reduced pressure.
- Now includes a stainless steel 20L evaporating flask carrier with silicone cushions (a $299 value), custom made for Ai 20L SolventVap series rotary evaporators. This carrier can be placed on top of our 20L SolventVap’s water bath for easy loading and unloading. It can also be used as a flask stand.
- Solvent-resistant PTFE and Viton gaskets, ensuring long time operation.
- Specialized motor with extremely compact, intermeshed worm and worm gear provides precise driving for very quiet, vibration-free operation.
- Downward-condensing vacuum connection design ensures safe vacuum operation.
- Motorized water bath lifting for precise control.
- Easy, straight-forward visual operation with digital speed and temperature display.
- PID temperature controller ensures accurate temperature control is maintained.
- One year warranty on rotary evaporator except for glassware and all sealing gaskets.