Ai UL/CSA Certified -40°C/F Cold Trap with 500ml x 3 Traps
The newly re-designed Ai 2nd Gen -40°C/F T40 cold traps now all come UL/CSA certified, standard. They have a much smaller footprint, but at the same time, offering you the same cooling power, 1.5X reservoir and 1.6X trap capacity. New upward hose barb ports provide you safer and easier vacuum tubing connection and removal.
In vacuum applications, a cold trap is a device that condenses all vapors except the permanent gases into a liquid or solid. The most common objective is to prevent vapors being evacuated from an experiment from entering a vacuum pump where they would condense and contaminate it. Particularly large cold traps are necessary when removing large amounts of liquid as in freeze drying.
Pumps that use oil either as their working fluid (diffusion pumps), or as their lubricant (mechanical rotary pumps), are often the sources of contamination in vacuum systems. Placing a cold trap at the mouth of such a pump greatly lowers the risk that oil vapors will back stream into the cavity.
- UL 471:2010 and CSA C22.2 certified
- 1.5X more reservoir and 1.6X more trap capacity compare to its predecessor
- No dry ice or liquid nitrogen needed
- All steel housing for durability
- Small footprint, built-in swivel casters for mobility
- Plug and play, no assembly required